At Le Fagianaie you can spend a relaxing weekend combining the delights of a wine tasting with the sensory pleasures of the Spa. All this is available at a historic residence located in the beautiful Tuscan countryside on the Artimino estate in Carmignano, just 30 km from Florence.
The estate in which Le Fagianaie is located produces red, white and rosé wines from grapes that have been grown in the estate’s own vineyards.
The different labels that will play their part in the wine tastings will enable you to find out all the intimate details of these excellent products as well as learning about the history and culture of the local area.
Different types of wine tastings of varying duration are available in Italian or English and will need to be booked in advance from the following options:
- Wine tasting classic: a guided tasting of the wines from the Tenuta di Artimino – about 1 hour;
- Artimino Wine Experience: a wine tasting with your own private sommelier – about 1.5 hours;
- Wine class: wine classes with a sommelier – about 2 hours;
- “Chic nic”: an elegant picnic with a wine tasting;
- Artimino Grand Tour: a tour of the vineyards and a wine tasting – about 2.5 hours;
- Winter picnic: a picnic by the fireplace with a sommelier – about 2 hours;
- Gourmet experience: a delicious lunch at the Biagio Pignatta – about 2.5 hours;
- A picnic hamper: a tasty picnic in the open air.
Thanks to these unique offers, Le Fagianaie lends itself perfectly as the ideal setting in which to combine a visit to the famous wines of Tuscany with an overnight stay.
In this idyllic spot, you will be able to find out everything you need to know about how these great wines come into being, from the initial preparatory work that is done in the vineyards to the treatment of the grapes, crushing the grapes and the various stages that enable the producers to transform the fruit into an excellent, perfectly drinkable wine.
In addition to this, Le Fagianaie is further able to offer guests a treat when they choose to stay in one of the apartments on the estate. These can accommodate from 4 to 6 people and have been lovingly created from two traditional farmhouses. The apartments have their own kitchen, bathroom with a tub or shower, free Wi-Fi access and a TV with satellite channels.
Further relaxation is on tap with a visit to the Tenuta di Artimino Wellness & Spa, the wellness centre that’s just a stone’s throw away from the apartments.
The Spa offers a range of treatments, a steam room, a hot tub, invigorating chromotherapy showers and a fitness and relaxation area.
You can also book a massage or a beauty treatment, one of the most notable of which is the wine therapy. This is a treatment or bath carried out with wine and grape Marc that focuses on skin care to counteract the signs of aging and to improve microcirculation.